Sunday, February 7, 2010

Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops

I have to say his is probably the best thing I have cooked in a while. It was sooo juicy!

You can cook in skillet or bake. I baked mine, I suggest you do the same!

Served with homemade mashed potato's and bread, I had a field green salad to go with it to till I realized the lettuce went bad (so quick darnet)

Ingredients
2 large eggs
1 cup dried Plain bread crumbs
3/4 cups freshly grated Parmesan
4 (1/2 to 3/4-inch thick) center-cut pork loin chops (each about 10 to 12 ounces)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper *I just used Season All Pepper, and Garlic Powder
6 tablespoons olive oil
Lemon wedges, for serving (Your "garnish")

Directions
Whisk the eggs in a pie plate to blend. Place the bread crumbs in another pie plate. Place the cheese in a third pie plate. Sprinkle the pork chops generously with salt and pepper**. Coat the chops completely with the cheese, patting to adhere. Dip the chops into the eggs, then coat completely with the bread crumbs, patting to adhere.

I double battered mine so use a bit more cheese and bread crumbs.
I baked these chops vs. cooking them on skillet, on 400 degrees for 30 minutes or until cooked thoroughly, and golden.
OR
Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a very large skillet over medium heat. Add pork chops, in batches if necessary, and cook until golden brown and the center reaches 150 degrees, about 6 minutes per side. Transfer the chops to plates and serve with lemon wedges.

0 comments:

Post a Comment