Sunday, May 17, 2009

Hot Chicken Salad

Another recipe!

For you to try. I could eat it as dinner itself but apparently im wierd!

Use for a party or get together as a dip - or serve alone!

SOO YUMMY. Love all the different textures and flavors.

Hot Chicken Salad
By: Paula Deen

Summer my friend showed me this great recipe. Although I havent tried with the lemon yet. Its FABULOUS!

Ingredients:
2 cup cooked chicken breast meat, cubed
1 cup diced celery
1/2 cup slivered almonds
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice *** i havent used a lemon yet, only cause I didnt have one on hand.
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup crumbled chedder cheese
2/3 cup crushed Lays potato chips - I use 3-4 small bags of the 33 cent bags!

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 13 by 9 inch baking dish with vegetable oil cooking spray.

In a large mixing bowl combine the chicken, celery, almonds, salt, pepper, lemon juice, mayonnaise, and cheese. Place the mixture in the prepared baking dish. Spread the crushed potato chips on top. Bake for 20 minutes, or until bubbly.

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Difficulty: easy
Yield: 8-10 servings

0 comments:

Post a Comment